Re: [OM] OT: Internet Saturation

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Internet Saturation
From: Piers HEMY <piers.hemy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 00:23:26 +0100
 I did mention a few weeks back that I had been firced to take measures which
had had a significant positive impact on both down and upload speeds, but I
think nobody noticed that I quoted speeds of about 8 down and 4 up as MB/s
rather than Mb/s. So I will clarify .... 50 mb/s down and 35 mb/s upload. It
makes LR Mobile a very usable as well as useful addition, which it was not
before, primarily because of the limited upload speed.

For those interested - it became clear that the all-singing all-dancing
national fibre upgrade will miss us out completely, so I now have a long range
wifi link across two stretches of water to a fibre cabinet about 4 miles away.
Probably three hops gets me there. It just works!

Piers