Re: [OM] Tuckered out

Subject: Re: [OM] Tuckered out
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 19:58:46 -0400
Sorry they didn't all sell, but . . .

A colleague who took some of my slots when I retired has a card product
that's 5x7, blank interior, and prints on her Epson. She sells them for $4,
and they go by the wheelbarrows full. I swear she could make a decent
living just selling her cards, never mind her canvas and paper prints.

People buy two or three or four and have them framed in a nice package for
the wall.

A gallery or shop in a larger urban area with lots of foot traffic would be
a good place for your big metal stuff. That kind of material needs a lot of
eyeballs, and even then customers may want to come back by and look a few
more times before they buy. The upside is, in that kind of venue, the price
can be higher to compensate for commission.

But mileage varies, and I'm out of the game now, so my meanderings on the
subject have passed what our Brit friends call the expiry date.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal