Re: [OM] IMG: "It's too darn hot"

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: "It's too darn hot"
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 21:30:17 -0400
In God we trust, all others bring data. While Charleston may have floods it's hardly caused by "climate change". Charleston has had continuous flooding problems for 300 years due to where and how the city was built. Charleston's sea level gauges have been showing a sea level rise of just over 3mm/year for the past 115 years and is typical for much of the world. Where you see higher rates (such as New Orleans) it's usually due to subsidence. The much repeated claim or sea level rise acceleration doesn't exist except in someone's computer model. Here's the real data for Charleston... a long, slow and very linear rise. <http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends_station.shtml?stnid=8665530> Don't trust, just verify.

Chuck Norcutt