Re: [OM] Cornell's website can ID bird species through photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Cornell's website can ID bird species through photos
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 11:41:40 -0400
I used a separate focus button on my D800, but since retreating to the Fuji
X-100, I have returned to letting the shutter button do the work.
Occasionally my thumb gets confused and I miss some focus, but by and large
it's working pretty well.

The reason I used a separate button was to permit me to focus on precisely
what I wanted to shoot, and then reframe for the actual shot, where the
metering also kicked in. I haven't noticed any problems with lousy metering
since going back to letting the shutter button do it all.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal