Re: [OM] Monitor Calibration Rabbit Hole (This is very much On Topic)

Subject: Re: [OM] Monitor Calibration Rabbit Hole (This is very much On Topic)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 12:33:40 -0700
On 7/12/2015 8:37 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:

I confess to having gone overboard on color management in the past. I
suspect I went to a lot more pain than actually was necessary, but it made
me feel better to know I was adding extra steps to my workflow and taking
years off my life. <g> I also softproofed my images with icc profiles for
each paper I used, and downloaded the profiles from Miller's and Bay for
the stuff I set away to the lab. Did it make any difference? Damned if I
know. <g>

I believe it did, as did the special lighting in your gallery. A lot of the color just
looked/felt "right" to this observer.

It may be too bad that the results, in terms of personal satisfaction and financial gain, didn't sustain you at it longer. But the prints themselves are exceptional.

Moose D'Opinion