Re: [OM] A reason to like LR (eek!)

Subject: Re: [OM] A reason to like LR (eek!)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 13:57:55 -0700
On 7/12/2015 1:31 PM, Leowesson wrote:
It's a standard tool for photojournalists. Very good for quick editing and key
wording.

If I had my druthers, I'd rename either one or the other. Photographers and News Illustrators? Image Makers and Photojournalists? Heart manipulators and Head Manipulators?

Both use cameras to capture images, but to such different purposes, from my viewpoint. I am so far from PJ that I can't even see 'em from here.

Quick editing is an oxymoron hereabouts. :-)

OK, OK, so they may overlap. Which was Dorthea Lange? A lean toward PJ, but as her most lasting, revered images were often posed, not really? PJ yesterday, portraitist today?

Was Capa pure PJ, or OpEd with a camera instead of a typewriter?

Slow Hand Moose