Re: [OM] OT: Flash Player updates

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Flash Player updates
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 14:26:09 +0000
What many of you might well find is that flash is not necessary at all.
Most of the popular sites have made it possible to do most everything one
could need using only an HTML 5 compliant browser. Check your browser's
settings to see if there is an option to turn off flash without actually
removing it. If so, turn it off, try it awhile, and see if you can already
get along without it.

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 6:58 AM Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> >Browser companies (Google, Mozilla) have lately been calling for the
> death of
> >Flash since it's such a flawed security risk. No word from Adobe yet, but
> the
> >anti-Flash sentiment is growing rapidly.
> >

>      I looked into an alternative from GNU, but it would not install.
>

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --
>
> --
---