[OM] Stupid Computer Question

Subject: [OM] Stupid Computer Question
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 15:57:28 -0400
My Nikon LS5000 scanner has died.  I haven't tried to fix it but consider
this a directive to finally get the Imacon scanner up and running.  I
turned it on and it lights up!  I have a SCSI to Firewire adapter and it
all hooks up fine. ( Thank you, Doug!)  The problem is that the Windows XP
laptop that I had intended to hook up to the scanner (I read that it does
not work with any newer version of Windows) has no port for the Firewire.
It has 4 USB ports, one called 1394. one round one and two square ones but
nothing that looks like the Firewire plug.  Is there an adapter I need to
get?  I've searched but I'm not sure what I'm sure for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wish photography did not involve computers.

Tina

--
Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com