[OM] OT: Media Software

Subject: [OM] OT: Media Software
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 12:46:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     After realizing that RealPlayer is an open portaal for Google, I went
about looking for alternatives that do not provide vectors for intrusion.  I
already had VLC installed, and after reviewing its properties I updated it and
then disabled ALL of the RealPlayer add-ons and plug-ins.

     One of the other aggravations with RealPlayer is the companion routine
rndlresolversvc.exe.  On startup it will occasionally go into an endless loop
and then timeout with an error message.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson