Re: [OM] Moose's bag; still good?

Subject: Re: [OM] Moose's bag; still good?
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:19:37 -0700
So it's really a transport bag, not a working bag.
BM's (Bags Moose) carry style is similar to mine. Camera around the neck and maybe a lens in pocket but I rarely switch lenses mid walk. Camera does not get a dedicated bag, just an Optech neoprene case. Just goes in my backpack with the rest of the stuff when not around my neck. I do have and use a 'transport bag' on road trips where I do carry a couple of extra lenses and stuff which can't stay in the car over night. Years ago I purchased a whole kit cheap for certain bits, sell the rest. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the lot came in an old model khaki/tan Hadley Pro! Wasn't mentioned in the description. Perfect for schlepping between car and motel room.

Carrying around the neck with a backpack poses some problems too. I've been using a small belt affair which consists of a piece of neoprene in front with a hole for the lens to go through. This keeps the camera from bouncing around but fast, easy access. My shooting harness does not play nice with a backpack. I just ordered some bits from B&H to enable me to clip the camera to the pack straps and take the weight off my neck. ... we'll see.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/485766-REG/OP_TECH_USA_1301652_System_Connectors_Reporter_Backpack_Set_of.html>
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/143283-REG/OP_TECH_USA_7001002_SLR_AF_Short_Zoom.html>

Mike