[OM] Many stop ND filters continued with Tilt-shift twist

Subject: [OM] Many stop ND filters continued with Tilt-shift twist
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 19:10:57 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
>From past thread it was noted that most variable many stop ND filters don't
>perform well. Generally I haven't liked many images using that technique in
>general but ran across these
that I lied at first blush thought some might find interesting:

http://briansmith.com/long-exposure-photography-thibault-roland/

I do have a Mirex T-S adapter for OM and find it intriguing that he actually
stacks two for more tilt and uses a Mamiya shift lens on them. I have enough
trouble with vibration with one Mirex and
a big lens hanging off it.   Often a focused stack image worked as well or
better, but they may be my inexperience with tilts etc.  Anyway I am being
slowly and inexorably drawn to the idea of an A7RII for use with my Zuikos and
Mirex and was impressed by the Thibault's techniques and results. My Mamiya
lenses don't have any major vices but seem to
require skillful PP to make the images work well do to an overall "bland"
rendition, IMO.

Tilted Mike