Re: [OM] Toyota Mirai

Subject: Re: [OM] Toyota Mirai
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 05:55:18 +0100
Ken

It reads from that post that you aren’t comparing like with like.  But if you
take your Prius as being only a little heavier because of its batteries, you
might argue that it would sit lower and cause less drag, but that still doesn’t
allow a heavier vehicle, driven in similar fashion, to use less energy than a
lighter one that is similar in every other way.

Again, I accept that the Prius might be a good compromise, but it would
doubtless be more economical if it could use a lighter battery pack of the same
output.

And it looks better than the Mirai, although neither is a picture :-)

Chris