Re: [OM] Rhoticity (pronouncing an r that isn't there Was: University of

Subject: Re: [OM] Rhoticity (pronouncing an r that isn't there Was: University of New Hampshire Bias Free Language Guide
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 10:02:51 -0400
My father was born in 1921 in Taunton, Massachusetts, about 40 miles south of Boston. It has very much the same dialect. He left home in 1940 to join the Army Air Corps and, with the exception of a few short visits, has not been back there since. Most of his life has actually been spent in Michigan, California and Nevada. Today, at age 94, there is still no doubt about where he grew up.

Chuck Norcutt