Re: [OM] Rhoticity (pronouncing an r that isn't there Was: University of

Subject: Re: [OM] Rhoticity (pronouncing an r that isn't there Was: University of New Hampshire Bias Free Language Guide
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 18:31:26 -0400
I think you have to throw some Irish in as well, Chris. A whole mess of
them came to Boston and stayed. <g>

There is a book, and I can't recall the title, that traces the various
American accents back to their European origins. Most of them go back to
some form of UK Speak, naturally.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal