Re: [OM] University of New Hampshire Bias Free Language Guide

Subject: Re: [OM] University of New Hampshire Bias Free Language Guide
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 11:49:58 -0400
At age 72 I've never *personally* seen anything like this. On the other hand, I would never decide to go to Stone Mountain, Georgia and involve myself in a shouting match with a bunch of armed white supremacists agitated over the confederate battle flag. A mile or two away from this place most people probably didn't even know this was going on.

You seem to be too much affected by the internet and the 24-hour news cycle which has to find something violent or tragic to maintain their viewership. In the last 6 or 7 years I've probably toured some 50,000 miles or so inside the US and hit about 3/4 of the states. In all that time and travel I've never seen anything ugly... not even a bad traffic accident.

Chuck Norcutt