[OM] [OT] Win10 anyone?

Subject: [OM] [OT] Win10 anyone?
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 09:07:50 +0100
Anyone tried Win10 yet?

I must say I like Win7.  My laptop came with Win8 (it has a touchscreen
that I never use*) and I've installed the hacks to make it work like Win7
as far as I can. If I ever stumble into a Win8 "app" I alt-F4 out of it as
quickly as I can.

Win8 with its Fisher-Price buttons seems to be 'for dummies' or for small
screen devices and I was wondering if Win10 somehow redresses the balance?
I see that the same hacks (good old-fashioned start button etc) are
available for Win10 so I'm wondering if it still has the same 'limitations'
as Win8.

I know there are a lot of reviews out there but personal experience is
often more valuable. Thanks for yours...

cheers
Jez

* I run dual monitors and the external one is not a touchscreen (are they
even available?). Working with one screen touch-enabled and the other not
is a sure step to confusion. I only chose the laptop with a touchscreen
because I was getting used to the iPad and sometimes poking my fingers at
the laptop screen :-) but it turned out cumbersome to reach across the desk
to touch when so much of the interface is via the keyboard and mouse.