Re: [OM] [OT] Win10 anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Win10 anyone?
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 09:59:21 -0700
Win10 is _really_ _really_ pushy. MS puts an icon in the tray and downloads the update in the background to "$Windows.~BT" a hidden folder. When you are scheduled to update, whatever that means, a box pops up to say restart and upgrade. Be careful! You have to continually opt out if you aren't ready to push the button. I went in and renamed the downloaded package so I don't inadvertently let the "upgrade" execute. I hear that win10 forces updates as well. Who knows what else.

Anyone know if you can install win10 as a dual boot?

I'm content with Win7pro64, Waiting to see how things shake out.