Re: [OM] IMG: Optimized Super Cub

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Optimized Super Cub
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 18:59:47 +0100
Thanks, Jim.  And thank goodness.  It used to be said that you walk outside any
Officers’ Mess in the RAF in England and cock your ear to hear an aircraft
hitting the deck.  Some of those aircraft crashed in a gentle dive with a few
degrees of bank – as a result of the failure of the vacuum-driven AI, which
would show a gentle climb with bank in the opposite direction.

But of course this was anecdote from 30 years ago.

Chris