Re: [OM] Focus and Bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus and Bokeh
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 15:19:10 +0000
More than that.  Medium and especially large format often use simpler
lenses that still have great bokeh are another reason (tessars come to
mind). Also the larger film format gives better tonalities than smaller
analog or anything digital.

Effective apertures are of course more in favor of large format as well. A
f/5.6 lens on 4x5 is approx. equal to a f/1.4 lens on 35mm in terms of
bokeh, etc.  So imagine how the f/2.5 - 2.8 lenses are on large formatŠ

I have an RX100 M2, which is a great pocket camera. I¹d like to try a m3
or M4, but giving up the 70-100mm zoom range would be a drag, even given
the trade off of faster aperture, better video, etc.   The M2 also has a
hotshoe which the M3 and M4 lack.

-Ed