Re: [OM] How to protect yourself from Windows 10

Subject: Re: [OM] How to protect yourself from Windows 10
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 22:42:37 -0400
I declared it as fact since, if it isn't, Microsoft has sharply reduced income to support a very large development team. You can't produce 70 million lines of code and just give it away.

I did not understand your comment about the EULA being misrepresented. Your first comment was: "He inserts a period, in the front of a very specific set of circumstances that his quote applies to." You have now changed that to: "With the insertion of the comma and deleting the rest of it, he is completely misleading the reader." I will try to find a copy of the EULA and compare it. But I'm not sure how I'll do that without installing Win 10. But you apparently have one and have compared it. Care to share it?

I will also look deeper for the comments and read them in their entirety. But even if you are correct that Slate misrepresented the EULA I still maintain that: "... for the computer users that I support there is very little upside to a Windows 10 conversion. And we haven't even mentioned bugs and incompatibilities yet or Microsoft's diddling with your browser and antivirus apps."

BTW, as a former operating system development manager it is my humble opinion that the Win 10 code probably has at least 7,000 new defects. There is no need to subject my senior citizen friends to leading edge windburn.

Chuck Norcutt