Re: [OM] Windows 10 upgrade Nagging you ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows 10 upgrade Nagging you ?
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:25:48 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> AFAIK there is no automatic download of the upgrade.  You must
>> specifically request it.
>
>Not exactly true. Express any cautious interest and they assume that you
>are opting in and download the package to the hidden folder without your
>knowledge or consent and nag you to install. I think that they do this
>because it is fairly large and may take several web sessions to download
>in the background over a slow connection like mine. Then you get those
>perky popups....not a nice first impression.

     I have to chuckle while sitting here typing away on my safe and secure
WinXP laptop.  I do, however, need to use the Win7 hard drive later to answer a
message from an eBay seller.  A  minor inconvenience, especially after reading
about the headaches due to the New! Improved! operating systems.

Chris
Gloating in Tempe