Re: [OM] IMG: Globe/Temco Swifts

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Globe/Temco Swifts
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 17:43:05 -0500
You are correct. I stated that to someone else, earlier today. I would prefer to have the slots working.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 8/11/2015 5:20 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Jim, I would think that the slots probably would improve aileron
effectiveness at low speeds and help prevent the outer wings from stalling
during roll corrections.

The slots are essentially full time slats and would improve the airflow
over the top of the wing and prevent separation as the angle of attack
increases. This would keep the ailerons working in both the rise and lower
position which should also make it where you don't have to ride the rudder
as much in or near stall.

AG