Re: [OM] OT: Very Sad News

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Very Sad News
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 09:40:20 -0500
Sorry to hear of the damage, Chris. I'm a great lover of Tri-Pacers. Spent many happy hours in them.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 8/12/2015 9:05 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
      Yesterday we were hit by two monsoon storms, one in the morning and the
second in the late evening.  The second of these was very strong and put on
quite a light show.  It generated at least one microburst, and it was directly
above Chandler Municipal Airport with winds in excess of 50 MPH.  They are
still assessing the damage, but it is known so far that 15-30 aircraft were
damaged or destroyed.  Some of them were not simply flipped over but instead
were lifted up to a good altitude and then dropped.  A few look like they were
cartwheeled across the tarmac and rolled up into a ball.

      One of the heavily damaged aircraft appears to be a Piper Tri-Pacer (red
with white trim), and it's presently lying on it's back.

      The huge door on the Chandler Air Service hangar was taken of its tracks
and pushed in.  No telling what was damaged inside.

Chris

      - Hunter S. Thompson