Re: [OM] Crummy color conundrum

Subject: Re: [OM] Crummy color conundrum
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 19:40:00 -0700
A windows update fouled up my Huey Pro software yet again.  I had not noticed
as it launched as scheduled and seemed to do its thing but noticed little
change in the screen which is not that typical.  Then went to view an image
prior to upload and post--ughhh!!  I couldn't have been that bad at PP.
Winders picture and fax viewer was the worst--this was
not subtle.  Curiously FastStone depicted images almost spot on but even
Photoshop was a tad  off.  The machine was rendered essentially useless for
photo editing.  I clearly don't understand how windows/FastStone handle color.

It would appear that FastStone is not profile aware, whereas Windoze is.

If I searched out color management in the search box it saw the Huey Pro
profile.  No clue how it could be so horridly off.

...  Wonder what others use as external calibrators as that is another possible
work around?

I'm using colormunki. As Ctein noted recently on TOP of his new Retina, the change in profiling my display was pretty close to indistinguishable, but now I 'know' it's OK. :-) .

Color Rite Moose