Re: [OM] How to protect yourself from Windows 10

Subject: Re: [OM] How to protect yourself from Windows 10
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 09:08:13 -0500
Sounds as if you have been busy, Brian. Good luck with the fishing. And I think the consensus is to wait a while before exposing oneself to Win 10.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 8/13/2015 5:17 AM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all, I just ducked in for a moment to see what you are all up to.

FWIW, I'm still happily running XP, protected with Avast Internet Security,
which, for once, I have actually paid for. Seems to keep the system clean.

I read the Slate article about W10 which imparted significant apprehension
for the possible future.

We are getting through a winter which has been unusually cold. Many roads
and passes have been impassible (pun) due to bad ice conditions. I've been
working on my boat which is at the very last major stage (main motor
service) of being fully operational for the October 1st start to  the trout &
salmon fishing season, when my wife's oldest son will be visiting for a couple
of weeks. Plus solving operational problems with my Range Rover. A huge
learning curve there.

Cheers, Brian

---