[OM] Out of the Dark

Subject: [OM] Out of the Dark
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 14:48:14 -0500
In celebration of shedding one child out of the household, I got
myself a little going away present to combat the grief-stricken
lonely-parent syndrome.

I bought a flashlight.

I got a Streamlight ProTec HL tactical LED flashlight. It's about 750
lumens of eyeball searing power. Something like 18500 candelas. I've
got it programmed to come on low-power with one tap, and high power
with two taps.

I'll want to pick up some rechargeable C123A equivalent batteries. I
can see myself going broke buying batteries if I go nuts with it. But
it will serve me well for my walks at night. I usually walk without
any light on, but once in a while it would be nice to scare whatever
it is that's lurking in the bushes. As I also will walk through the
economically challenged part of town it will partially function as a
PPD, or at least work well with another PPD.

The low power setting is supposed to be something like 35 lumens, but
even that is well done and looks great.

Highly recommended.

--
Ken Norton