Re: [OM] Out of the Dark

Subject: Re: [OM] Out of the Dark
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:00:18 -0500
Ken,

Like you, I like the modern flashlights for brilliance and compactness. However, I also recall the originals. My dad had a 3 D-cell light from as far back as I can remember.

However, the real "Shilleagh" is the Ray-O-Vac Sportsman that was owned by my late father-in-law. This thing has 5 D-cells and weighs 2 1/4 pounds. I throws a hot beam as far as I can see it. (It is also a corrosion magnet. :-( ).

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Ray-O-Vac+Sportsman.tif.html

Jim Nichols Tullahoma, TN USA