Re: [OM] OT: DUI Encounter

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: DUI Encounter
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 20:02:15 +0100
On 26 August 2015 at 16:30, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  I got into his face and he became less combative, and then I saw his
eyes.  They were fully dilated, showing that he was seriously DUI.  We all
bac

>  ked off and just made sure that he didn't run.
>
>      The cops arrived and took him aside for questioning.  When two cops
> approached me and asked what had happened, he started yelling and screaming
> that we were all liars.  The one cop said that it would be okay if I left
> before things got worse.  Paramedics were putting the occupants of the van
> on back boards as I left.
>
>      I've never encountered an accident with a DUI before, and this was a
> bit of an eye-opener.

Well done you for helping out.  Did he smell of alcohol though?  are you
suspecting other drugs were involved?  I ask because, though I've not
witnessed such a thing myself, I believe some of what you describe could
also be attributed to head injury or a hypoglycaemic episode in a diabetic.

Ian

-Daria Morgendorffer