Re: [OM] IMG: Friends in B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friends in B&W
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:54:41 -0700
On 8/25/2015 1:23 AM, Peter Klein wrote:
Last week our friend, a symphony clarinetist, gave a garden party. After sunset, it was too cold to eat outside, so we all ended up in her studio for dinner. Available dark time! I set my Leica Monochrom v.1 to ISO 2500 and 1/60, my 50/1.5 Nokton and 35/1.4 Summilux ASPH to wide open, and did my thing.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/20244128083/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/20855514952/in/dateposted-public/>

Good examples of shallow DoF images that do and don't work for me. In the first, I can't help but want the other people to be in focus. I understand this to be possibly idiosyncratic, but it's how I see.

In the second, I like the isolation it gives from the background.

Shallow Moose