Re: [OM] IMG: Two More of the Gulf Fritillary

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two More of the Gulf Fritillary
From: Philippe <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:22:38 +0200
Le 28 août 2015 à 00:21, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Sooooo ... When one goes out shootin' one day with one and the next with the
> other, processing them the same may give different results and getting them
> to look the same in brightness/exposure may take some adjustment. If working
> from Raw files, the opinions of the converter are an additional factor - and
> yes, as I've demonstrated before, they differ.

Can't agree more - After a trip or an event, I usually merge my pixies with
Alice's in the general catalog of LR, paying attention to the date and time
settings so that I get a continuous timeline.
I also did that with files from about 15 family and friends' cameras when we
got married early July.
And I struggle(d) hard to achieve a seemingly identical look from the pair, or
bunch of them.

Auto everything in LR just doesn't work with the fujis, at all.

This being said, I rank the raws in this order in terms of flexibility and ease
of use: Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Oly OMD, Pana, Sony, etc.
That's my latest experience, and I might finally get to canon some day in the
future if I want to save time on post-processing while achieve excellent
results.

Amities
Philippe