Re: [OM] Need copying help

Subject: Re: [OM] Need copying help
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 14:30:40 -0400
I assume the Epson will come with some form of "Epson Scan". Epson Scan (as supplied with the V700 at least) is quite capable and offers a full set of exposure and color controls... as long as you put it into "Professional Mode" with the mode selector at top right of the control page. It's also easy to use. If you use Photoshop or some other high function editor you can probably get the editor to open that scanner and pass the scan back to the editor. In PhotoShop you use "Import => WIA Support" and then identify the device to be controlled. WIA is "Windows Image Acquisition". Failing that you have to tell the scanning app where to store the output files. Specify an output folder and each scan will go there along with a name you supply and an appended suffix number for each page.

Make sure the scanner glass and artwork are free of dust and debris otherwise you'll be doing a lot of retouching. The V700 has infra-red dust and scratch removal but I doubt an all-in-one printer will have such sophistication.

If you don't like the app that Epson provides (it might not be as sophisticated as Epson Scan) then you can probably get VueScan to control the scanner for you. VueScan comes in Standard or Professional versions. This is paid software but you can get a free trial of either version which should be long enough for you to complete your scanning job. Go here for the download <http://www.hamrick.com/> and here to check compatibility with your particular Epson printer/scanner. <http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/epson.html>

One other problem might be artwork larger than the scanner's max size. But if one of the artwork's dimensions fits within the long end of the glass you can make multiple scans and then use pano software to paste them together into a single image.

Chuck Norcutt