[OM] (OT) RX100vi pics (Warning! Cute!)

Subject: [OM] (OT) RX100vi pics (Warning! Cute!)
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 15:57:27 -0400
So I had a chance to get outside today with the Sony RX100vi. Subject was
10-week old Cockapoo puppy, Arlo.

I shot RAW+jpeg for a change and set up Lightroom to import them as
separate images. Unfortunately, my subject matter was not compatible with
my settings, which were VIVID, +3 Saturation (yes, dammit! Ken Rockwell's
recommendation. <g>) That said, the jpegs looked pretty good. In a couple
of cases which are too boring to post here (porch furniture), they were
damned good. I'll rethink the jpeg settings for something a little more
standard and try again.

You can get Arlo here:

All are straightforward. Post in LRCC. His color demands some shadow and
clarity work.

Also encountered a frog/toad:

Again, pretty straightforward post in LR. Nothing as dramatic as the
shadow/clarity work on Arlo's hair.

In all, I like this little pocket camera. Good lens. Good color. I keep
reading that people love the jpegs right out of the camera with no
tweaking. I'll see if I can get there.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal