Re: [OM] (OT) RX100vi pics (Warning! Cute!)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) RX100vi pics (Warning! Cute!)
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 19:15:24 -0500
On 8/31/15 19:10 : , Moose wrote:

Might you be confusing accuracy with resolution? GPX Master on my iPhone records to six decimal places, but no two readings a second or two apart are exactly the same to that level. It may string out as many decimals as it wishes, but I don't believe any civilian device is that accurate.

Although I was pretty amazed at how consistent a recent track in an old growth redwood grove was with the shape of the trail we walked. I have no way to tell how accurate, but it was the right shape and started and ended in the right place on the map. :-) Other times in that park, I've got image locations often along the trail, but also often far from it.

The iPhone is plenty accurate for my needs.

I've never thought of this. Perhaps I should get it tonight in preparation for the vacation/cruise we leave for on Wednesday? Can you give me the brief how-to on how to tie GPS readings into the photos I take? Will make it easier to remember things when I get home and do a massive LR upload.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie