[OM] OT: Curious Morning

Subject: [OM] OT: Curious Morning
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 08:27:17 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I went out for coffee this morning, and while checking a number of evilBay
items I suddenly lost control of the laptop.  I tried shutting off Mozilla with
no success, and trying to raise the task manager did not work either.  After a
while I got a familiar error notice that a piece of script was either in an
endless loop or was stalled.  The script had a Chrome domain name.

     After I forced the script to stop and got Mozilla working, I discovered
that I could not connect to anything within the ebay.com domain.  Nothing.  I
launched IE and was able to connect, so it was neither a system nor an ISP
problem.  I updated Firefox but that did not help.  After a fruitless search
for any information, I uninstalled Firefox, shut off the laptop, restarted, and
then reinstalled Firefox.  Still no access to ebay.com.

     So, I packed up and returned home.  Everything works fine.  I am
completely baffled over this one.

     Funny how virtually all of the internet problems I have are directly
related to evilBay.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson