Re: [OM] OT: Crippling Script

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Crippling Script
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 16:16:09 -0400
Perfectly normal behavior. The CPU never shuts off. When there is no application activity or directed system activity the system idle process is what uses the CPU. The system idle process is as the name describes... the system is waiting around (using the CPU) waiting on some task that wants to use the CPU in its staid.

If the system idle process has the CPU, basically there's nothing else going on. It has zero impact on you.

Chuck Norcutt