[OM] American Copper

Subject: [OM] American Copper
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 22:32:54 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Speaking of b'flys how about an American Copper.  Wanted to warm up a bit for a
foray to find/photograph Bronze Coppers with the B'fly group in a week or two.
I was busy with other things but the Am. Coppers were out and about so just had
to drop everything and do something about it. The critter was about 3/4 inch in
max dimension, so a bit small even for that
species. They are  by no means rare, but don't often frequent our backyard.

http://tinyurl.com/pg2devc

I don't think I can focus all that consistently stopped down to  F11 through an
OVF as compared to a few years ago (fine wide open on OM),  so my kit should
change for small critters at least.

The Bronze Coppers are larger by 50%, so that can be a big  plus.  I am hoping
their second flight is a good one--they can be quite illusive and some years
very rare.

Chasin' 'em, Mike