[OM] Zeiss Milvus

Subject: [OM] Zeiss Milvus
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 19:42:52 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Can't say I understand Zeiss reasoning very much ever.  Looks like they re did
most of the ZE/ZF line and have HUGE heavy lenses --the 50 and 85
look like Otus "light" with very close performance but at Otus weight.  Perhaps
for those that want the 5Ds, D800 route where weight doesn't matter much?
But how do you focus wide open well with usual focusing screens?
The 85/1.4 is 45oz in EF mount. That's more than double what the  Rokinon
85/1.4 weighs. The Milvus should be better optically but not sure that the
optical improvement will be worth the 2.4x increase in weight and 6.7x increase
in price.
It actually weighs more than the Otus.

 I think the Batis/Loxia line may be actually made by Fuji.

http://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/Photography/new/pdf/brochures/milvus/milvus_leaflet_en.pdf

Confused Mike