Re: [OM] Selfie Safety Hazards

Subject: Re: [OM] Selfie Safety Hazards
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 13:24:55 -0400
BBC is good. But I must continue my evangelical crusade to persuade old
poops to surrender their news in favor of other was to spend their time.
We've given our whole lives to work and family and god and country and
McDonald's and whatever, and we deserve a break. Let the young'uns take
care of the world. And pray they do a better job than "we" did.

If I could just take my own advice. When Joan and I sat down to watch TV
last night, I hit the button on the remote that brings up the DVR menu.
There was one old Rizzoli & Isles that I slept through _weeks_ ago, and the
rest were talk shows dealing with news and politics. Except the new Late
Night with Stephen Colbert.

We usually deploy the Roku device and watch stuff on Netflix or Acorn.
Netflix has got Frankie & Grace, with Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda, Sam
Waterson and Martin Sheen. It's a hoot. Sheen and Waterson are longtime law
partners who leave their wives, Fonda and Tomlin, for each other. And
they're all in their 70s. Hoot!

And furthermore on the subject of old folks, we found on Netflix a Brit
show, Last Tango in Halifax, about too old folks who almost were
sweethearts in school, and who run into each other when they're both old
and alone (more or less). Derek Jacobi and Anne Reid start. The various
family dynamics are again, a hoot. It's part comedy, part drama, and all
really good.

Streaming is the way to go. No commercials. Watch when you want. Nothing to
program.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal