[OM] (OT) Beer

Subject: [OM] (OT) Beer
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 07:52:20 -0400
During a near perfect early autumn day in Maine Saturday, I took a bit of a
ride on The Great Pumpkin, and decided finally to stop in a local craft
brewery on the other side of the county from me. Oxbow, established in
2011, but I wasn't informed. It's a well-kept secret locally, but
apparently beer aficionados know it well.

Rustic, but serviceable. A bit out of the way and not well signed, but
maybe that's what the owners want.

The beer. I had one of six "ales brewed seasonally in the (style of the)
farmhouses of Wallonia, the French-speaking area of southern Belgium. Mine
was the Bandolier, the last but one to the least hoppy. Other folks were
enjoying flights of all six ales (in smaller glasses), but I'm very strict
about what I drink when motoring on two wheels. My rule is nothing, but
Saturday I made an exception and had roughly 12 ounces. It was worth it.
Very nice beer.

The head, after pouring, was perfect. It had diminished a bit by the time I
got to a picnic table outside. Maybe I also had a sip along the way. I
don't remember. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal