[OM] Nathan's PAD 14/9/2015: St Cybi's church, Holyhead, Wales

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 14/9/2015: St Cybi's church, Holyhead, Wales
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 18:56:15 +0200
All look straight out of Midsomer Murders ;-)

Alice and I love this kind of places.

Thanks for sharing Nathan

Amities
Philippe

Le 15 sept. 15 à 18:37, Nathan Wajsman a écrit :

Yesterday morning I said goodbye to my daughter at the hospital in Bodelwyddan, on the north coast of Wales, where she will be the next 3 months, doing an internship. My flight home from Liverpool was in the evening, so I drove west, all the way along the north coast and across Anglesey, ending up in Holyhead. As I was walking around the town, I happened on this church, apparently founded by St Cybi, cousin of the patron saint of Wales, St David. There has been a church here since the 6th century, although of course the current structure is much more recent:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-MHdjgCv/A

I went inside:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QMndwGN/A

There were some interesting details:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-TVLD79r/A

But as so often happens when travelling, it is meeting the people that makes a place special. These two volunteers (stewards, they call themselves), show people around and explain various features of the church. They were with someone else when I came in, so I just looked around on my own (which I prefer anyway). But as I was leaving, they approached me and apologised for not being available, and asked where I was from—a simple question, the answer to which is complicated in my case…So we had a nice chat and at the end I got them to pose for me:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-cp8HGCP/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws >Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ > Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator >
YNWA

One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE