Re: [OM] Two down - Who said it was easy money?

Subject: Re: [OM] Two down - Who said it was easy money?
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 16:03:04 -0400
LR was developed by photographers for photographers as a non-destructive
editing and cataloging software.  It is evolving but better than anything
else out there.  I couldn't work without it.  I almost never have to go to
PS.  LR can find anything in any of my 20 hard drives and even those
archival ones that are off-line.  It can search by filename, keyword, date,
camera used, lens used, labels assigned, ratings, color labels and more.
It will search 785,000 photos in 30 seconds and come up with accurate
results.  If there is a mistake, it is always mine in how I entered the
search.  I can adjust one photo and assign the adjustments to all of the
photos from the same shoot.  I assign keywords as photos are imported or
keyword one photo and apply the keywords to all others that apply.  I can
quickly sort through all of the photos in the current import, look at them
at 100% for sharpness, and assign a rating.  If necessary, I can compare
two or more photos at 100% and choose the sharpest.  I can eliminate any
chromatic aberrations as the photos are imported. Spotting has improved so
much that I now spot in LR instead of opening in PS to spot.  I love the
ability to sharpen with a mask in LR and use that all the time.  The noise
reduction in LR is better than any plug-in I have found.  The lens
correction and perspective control are almost perfect.  I use them all the
time.  I can export to any number of websites or various purposes using
saved export functions in LR.  I can print straight from LR and it has many
templates to use for printing.  I haven't used the Web or Map modules but
I'm sure they are just as good as Library, Develop, Print, Book, and
Slideshow which I use all the time.  And I'm just scratching the surface.
I have several 600+ page books on everything LR can do.  It is very
intuitive and quick to use, but it is also deep and could take a lifetime
to master.

I am a BIG Lightroom fan.

Tina

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > But I may eventually try LR if anybody actually answers my question about
> > what make it great for sorting.  I haven't gotten that yet.
>
> Absolutely nothing. LR is a complete disaster. Why the vast majority
> of photographers, myself included, have migrated lock, stock and
> barrel to it is a complete mystery.
>
> AG
> --

Tina Manley