Re: [OM] Two down - Who said it was easy money?

Subject: Re: [OM] Two down - Who said it was easy money?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:05:25 -0400
Now there's a reason to use LR... if I was into geocoding.

Chuck Norcutt

On 9/17/2015 1:24 PM, Moose wrote:
On 9/17/2015 6:22 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Indeed. I hate Lightroom. I have all my pictures there and I even can
find
the ones I'm looking for. It's an unmitigated disaster. Adobe should be
shot.
I will admit that I CANNOT find anything. But that's because I don't
keyword anything.

I've already said it's only the editing functions of LR that I dislike.
I was running into the same problem. My fairly prodigious memory ran
into its limits, and I was too often floundering, looking for particular
images. My intent in using LR to catalog my images was to start keywording.

My amazement, and joy, have been in finding how well the Map module in
LR works. I've been geocoding my images for several years, including my
most prolific ones, first with an IgotU tracker, and lately with an
iPhone app. As a result, I can often find the image I'm looking for by
going to the location where it was taken on the map and clicking on the
map 'pins'. It's also really easy to go to a location on the map and
drag selected images on to the map, which geocodes them.

Without as yet adding a single key word, LR has already exceeded my
expectations for finding images.

Reading in geo tracks is also easier in LR.

Light and Dark Moose