[OM] Don't trust all you read on the internet

Subject: [OM] Don't trust all you read on the internet
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 16:39:58 +1000
I came across this strange misconception about exposure time and
diffraction:

" I try to stick with an aperture of around f8 and
not go higher than f11, meaning I try to keep
the aperture close to the sweet spot of my lens,
so I can capture the clearest and sharpest image
I can capture. This is important in long exposure
since the longer the exposure the more the RAW
file will be exposed to diffraction (which happens
at apertures of f16 or more) a phenomenon
that deteriorates the clarity of the images."

...Wayne