Re: [OM] Digital Noise

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Noise
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 06:16:31 +0100
Thanks, Chuck.  Now he has lost me: I noticed a couple of other idiosyncrasies
of language and ignored them, but to call film an “image sensor” as if there
were some physical similarity between film and a chip and I lose interest.

I’m co-author on another science paper at the moment; I know the basis of the
claims being made and I can see how words are being twisted (slightly) to make
the claims sound more important.  I now feel that this passage is using
unnecessarily complicated terminology to present a more impressive-looking
discussion and outcome.  There might be some substance to the subjects which we
have been discussing, but I have lost faith in the presentation and therefore
some of that substance.

It might not be complete bolleaux (pidgin French for bollocks) but it has the
smell and feel . . .

Chris