Re: [OM] Japan Trip

Subject: Re: [OM] Japan Trip
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 10:00:05 -0500
Very nice images,Michael.  You and your camera did just fine! :-)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 9/23/2015 7:24 AM, Michael Wong wrote:
Last week I went to Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Japan with my family for the
vocation. I didn't carry my large format camera since I wished to relax.
Moreover, the temples in Kyoto prohibit to use tripod. Hence I carried my
E-M5 with Panny 14-45 for the trip.

Although E-M5 was produced 3 years ago but I don't think it's not enough
good today. Comparison with other camera manufacturers, 16 million pixel is
"low resolution" in today's specification. However, it's enough for the
relax trip.

The auto white balance of E-M5 is amazing that I didn't need to edit the
white balance even I shot RAW + JPEG for preparation to edit WB if needed.
I went to Japan for a week, there were sunny, cloudy & raining days.
However, all photos  are edited with JPEG is OK.

The trip was nice. I purchased some favour stuffs due to low exchange rate
for Japanese Yen (more attractive prices than in HK), one of them is
M.Zuiko 60mm F2.8 Macro, more than USD100 cheaper than HK. E-M5II is more
than USD300 cheaper. However, I though my E-M5 is still good and I'm
waiting for E-M1 MKII (I hope E-M1 MKII will support 4K video shooting :P ).

Osaka Castle, Osaka
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/570/21631629282_299af17baa_o.jpg

Tsūtenkaku, Osaka
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/681/21631660852_7ef91e06aa_o.jpg

Kinkaku-ji, Kyoto
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5691/21455119040_741a157a18_o.jpg

A surprise visit Tennōji Zoo, Osaka,  there is a lot of African wild
animals that I only saw them in Youtube. Such as Hyena, zebra, lion,
giraffe ...............
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/591/21456162279_1f4ab56341_o.jpg
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/637/21455041680_a442c40135_o.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5701/21631639352_191f691632_o.jpg

Beside, close to deer for feeding in Nara Park
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5681/21020246674_54452669ab_o.jpg
(I don't know the Japanese girl in the picture)

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5711/21456095129_02bb5e3780_o.jpg

My daughter was taken in Nara Park
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/742/21457054238_c162335bc8_o.jpg

If you have never been in Osaka, you should put the journey into your
planning.

Cheers,
Michael