Re: [OM] Japan Trip

Subject: Re: [OM] Japan Trip
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 14:36:23 -0700
On 9/23/2015 5:24 AM, Michael Wong wrote:
Last week I went to Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Japan with my family for the
vocation. I didn't carry my large format camera since I wished to relax.
Moreover, the temples in Kyoto prohibit to use tripod. Hence I carried my
E-M5 with Panny 14-45 for the trip.

A nice set of images. I particularly liked the memories they evoked. I was in Japan for 10 days in 1960, and visited all those places, as well as others. Osaka castle and Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto are familiar, as are the deer in Nara, but I'm sure that ugly new tower wasn't there yet. I did get up in the Tokyo Tower, which isn't very attractive, either, but the view is nice. :-)

An oddly mixed visit. We had a fancy lunch with the Mayor of Osaka and other muckety-mucks there and a very formal dinner with the Kamakura City Council, and slept one night on a train platform and the benches of a third class train.

Although E-M5 was produced 3 years ago but I don't think it's not enough
good today. Comparison with other camera manufacturers, 16 million pixel is
"low resolution" in today's specification. However, it's enough for the
relax trip.

The auto white balance of E-M5 is amazing that I didn't need to edit the
white balance even I shot RAW + JPEG for preparation to edit WB if needed.
I went to Japan for a week, there were sunny, cloudy & raining days.
However, all photos  are edited with JPEG is OK.

The big advantages of the Mark II for me are the electronic first curtain and the much improved IBIS. The IBIS is already very good in the E-M5, but even better in the II, almost spectacular, in some cases. Both a big deal for a hand held macro and long tele shooter like me.

The trip was nice. I purchased some favour stuffs due to low exchange rate
for Japanese Yen (more attractive prices than in HK), one of them is
M.Zuiko 60mm F2.8 Macro, more than USD100 cheaper than HK.

Great lens!

O SA Ka Moose