Re: [OM] One Moonrise Picture for the night

Subject: Re: [OM] One Moonrise Picture for the night
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 09:35:08 -0400
You should believe. The horizontal field of view in this portrait image (300mm on 4/3 sensor) is 2.5 degrees. The angular diameter of the moon averages about 0.5 degrees but this super moon should measure about 0.58 degrees. Measure and compare on your screen. The image is real. I think there's some distortion in the image (from what I don't know) since the moon clearly shows as an oblate spheroid. But measuring either width or height is close enough to 5:1 to say that this is the real thing.

Chuck Norcutt