[OM] Sky Creature

Subject: [OM] Sky Creature
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 16:15:04 -0700
One of the things we did in NY is visit the Nicholas Roerich Museum
<http://www.roerich.org/>

Excellent collection. Unfortunately, many are framed with ordinary glass and the lighting is poorly done. So it's often hard to see the paintings clearly, let alone photograph them. Just the opposite of the Seattle Art Museum, where the lighting is masterfully done.

All the images I've seen of the Himalayas before the middle of the last century have been B&W photos. Seeing the same places through the eyes of a talented painter is a whole new experience. How accurate they are, I don't know, but certainly they opened me up to a different viewpoint, where color, even when subtle, is an important part of that landscape.

When viewing some of his fanciful sky images with clear or implied beings in the clouds, I was reminded of this shot I'd taken a few days before of a sky creature <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=18860>.

Mountain High Moose