Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Joaquin

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Joaquin
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 14:58:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> You know I'm saving all your posts on the storm. When it's over, I'll post
>> a report on my findings. <g>
>
>Chris and I are your list weather nerds. I absolutely love this kind
>of thing. Which reminds me, we're coming up on the thirty year
>anniversary on November 10.
>
>Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Chris and I get right and
>how we got things wrong.
>
>Regardless, I'm not agreeing with any of the models at this point. The
>logical path is for it to stay west of Bermuda, but remain off the
>east coast. Chris pointed out the change in the 500mb level which
>changes everything. Who knows what this dry airmass blowing in from
>the Azores is going to do either. I'm going to revise my statement
>about westward movement across Cuba because it lost its window of
>opportunity there.

     Okay.  The latest NAM forecast, posted within the past hour, now shows
Joaquin proceeding northward in the same manner as GFS and UKMET have been
forecasting.  And it now appears that Joaquin will be taking the low-pressure
system over the southeast in tow.  That might make a nice mess out of the
precipitation, but the NAM 700 mB RH/HT charts show that this may actually
bring some relief to the Atlantic Seaboard.

     Phew!

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson