Re: [OM] Some more rain at Murrells Inlet

Subject: Re: [OM] Some more rain at Murrells Inlet
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 10:18:48 -0400
My son says they have closed the peninsula in Charleston - no traffic in or
out.  High tide will be at 1 and they are expecting the worst flooding
since Hugo.  It got to the roofs in the market area then.

My daughter in Columbia says they are still predicting 15" of rain there
today.  Our drought is over for the year!

Tina

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> I just measured another 8.1" to go along with the 6+" I measured 24 hours
> ago.  The rain is supposed to subside for most of today and then start up
> again Sunday through Monday.  The pond out back has risen about 3 feet or
> more and is not far below it banks.
>
> Despite how much rain I've gotten Charlie in Charleston has probably
> gotten a lot more.  The main flow of moisture has entered the state at
> Charleston heading north and inland.  Where I am has been mostly on the
> eastern edge of that flow and was a bit spotty at times.  We have some
> flooded streets locally but the news says Charleston has a lot.
>
> ps:  This is a separate weather system and has nothing to do with the
> hurricane which is still a long way away.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com